Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fantasy Baseball Overview: Roger Bernadina

Now that the Super Bowl is over, there is a long wait until Opening Day of the MLB (Sure, there is March Madness, but for me, it's baseball or bust).  And with the new baseball season comes the new Fantasy Baseball season (I was the runner-up in both my leagues last year so now it's time to move up in the standings).  Because this is a Roger Bernadina blog, I will focus only on him, and I'll keep it short.

Currently, MLB.com ranks "The Shark" as the 124th best outfielder going into 2011.  This is absurd and I have lost complete faith in MLB.com's rankings because of this... 
A look:

Jerry Hairston and his .244-53-10-50-9 (2010 stats) line is ranked 111th.  He's old (35 in May) and he's competing with the Shark and Mike Morse for the same outfield spot!  Also, in the past 3 years, he has increased At Bats per season, and his offensive output has decreased.  Bad trend Jerry.

Skip Schumaker (.265-66-5-42-5) is ranked 97th.   He is another case of decreasing offensive output, and he plays for the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!  I feel like playing for a good team should automatically boost your stats but Schumaker seems to be an exception.

Finally, Coco Crisp (of cereal infamy) is ranked 64th.  With a 2010 line of .279-51-8-38-32, he did have a better average and more stolen bases than the shark, but he is getting old and has had some serious injury issues since leaving Cleveland.

Mark my words, Roger "The Shark" Bernadina will out perform these 3 players in 2011.  I'm not going to say that he will be a top 10 Fantasy outfielder this year, but if he gets the playing time, I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks the Top 75 or even Top 50.

The Shark is a 2011 Fantasy sleeper.  Keep that in mind during your draft.

More to come.

3 comments:

  1. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! Bpsc Coaching in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been sorting out some tight stuff on the topic and haven't had any luck up till this time, you simply got a brand new biggest fan!.. Dalmatian Strong Bite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. ดูหนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete