Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where are you, Shark?

Spring Training is finally upon us and baseball fans can rejoice that the season is going to start in just a few short weeks.  The question on everyone's mind is: Where is Roger Bernadina?  Sure, at this point only a handful of position players have arrived at the Nationals camp but with this spring being a  defining moment for the shark's career, we all want to know: Where are you, Shark?

Best case scenario: Roger Bernadina is beefing up for the long spring. "As a group, sharks eat almost anything: fishes, crustaceans, molluscs, marine mammals, and other sharks" In layman's terms, "Protein." Bernadina is going to show up to camp armed to the gills (pun intended).  Picture Cecil Fielder mixed with Pablo Sandoval and then imagine the direct opposite of that.  He'll be ripped and ready to win the starting LF position.

Worst case scenario: Roger Bernadina shows up late and is covered with what looks to be hickies (we all really know what caused it). He's tired, weak, and out of shape.  He ends up spending more time crying as he tear chunks of meat off a steak than practicing.

My personal opinion?  The Shark is going to arrive in camp any day now (and trust me, I will post about it) and he's going to be ready for the OF position battle.  Ideally he will say something like "I'm in the best shape of my life" because that would really give me hope.

It would also make me feel better about $500 dollars I just dropped on my new tattoo.


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment